I Scream, You Scream, We ALL Scream for Ice Cream!
Our annual Ice Cream Social is Friday, August 17th, 5:30-7:30pm. The whole community is invited, and the new Kindergarten families from Woerner Elementary School will be our special guests. Along with the ice cream, we’ll enjoy music, face painting, and great conversations.
One of the goals of this event is to help these new kindergartners make new friends as they start the school year.
Do you remember your first day of school?
At the Ice Cream Social in 2016, we spoke to several of the students from Kindergarten through 3rd grade (most of them were from Woerner Elementary). We asked them, “What’s your favorite class?” “What do you like about your school?”
More than half the students said their favorite subject was math. The students all liked being with their classmates and couldn’t say enough wonderful things about their teachers.
Think back on your early school days and how your teachers inspired you. These kindergartners are at the age where what we do can inspire and guide them. Help us show them that they have the support of their community.
There are several ways you can help make this event a success:
1. You can volunteer to serve at the event. Sign-up sheets will be posted at the church or you can contact the church office (email@example.com or call 314-752-7065).
2. You can purchase a new school uniform shirt and bring it to church. You can bring it to the church office. Our goal is to have a new uniform shirt for each Kindergartner that attends the Ice Cream Social. Shirts must be either dark blue, light blue or white and in sizes 4-8.
3. You can purchase a package of store-bought cookies. These will be served along with the ice cream. Cookies can be placed in the basket with the uniform shirts or left in the church office. Note: The Health Department requires that they be pre-packaged and store bought.
4. You can invite your friends, family, neighbors and community members to attend the Ice Cream Social.
5. You can attend the event.
We hope to see you on the church lawn on Friday, Aug 17th!